T4U Complaints Code of Practice

We’re committed to continuously improving our service and getting it right first time for our customers, but sometimes things go wrong and if that happens, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to let us know so we can put it right. Our complaints policy sets out how to contact us and lets you know how we’ll resolve your complaint.

How to contact us:

Telephone: 0800 066 2833


When you contact us please include:

  • Your account name and number and address details
  • As much detail as possible about the nature of your complaint and stating that you want your issue logging as a complaint.
  • The best number and time to contact you

What to expect when you have logged your complaint:

We’ll contact you within 2 working days of receiving your complaint to let you know we’ve received it. We aim to resolve all complaints within 14 days, depending on the nature of the complaint and will keep you updated while we investigate your complaint.

What to do if we have not managed to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction:

We hope to resolve all complaints first time. However, if after we have issued our formal resolution of your complaint, you remain unhappy you may escalate the complaint to the Head of Customer Services to review.

In addition, if you are a consumer or a Small Business (defined as a business containing 10 or less employees) and we have failed to deal with your complaint to your satisfaction within eight weeks, or we have reached a deadlock and there is nothing more we can do to resolve the complaint, you may refer the complaint to CISAS (Communication & Internet Services Adjudication Scheme).

The 4th Utility is a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme provided by CISAS, which is a free independent service for consumers and Small Businesses. If we have failed to resolve the dispute within eight weeks you may request a deadlock letter from T4U, you must send to CISAS within 12 months of receiving the deadlock letter in order to ask them to review your complaint.

CISAS can be found at

If you are a consumer and you have purchased your service online you can pass the complaint to an alternative online dispute resolution scheme, which can be found at